YOU MUST BE OVER 16 OR ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
- You must keep clear of the river & river mouth. The river is on your left as you leave the Marina.
- You will take responsibility for yourself and all people in your party, with particular reference to under 16s.
- You must wear a buoyancy aid at all times.
- You must be competent enough to manage the hired craft.
- You are aware of any dangers and will act in a careful and responsible manner at all times.
- You will be charged for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused through your carelessness or lack of competence.
- If you are late back, you will be charged for additional time.
- Do not land on Derwent Isle (the island with the house).
- You must not stand up in canoes, kayaks, sit on top kayaks, or row boats.
- You must kneel on “Paddle Boards” leaving from or returning to the Marina and wear the ankle leashes AT ALL TIMES.
- You must NOT exceed the maximum Load limit of your hired craft (see over for Load limits).
- Be aware of the waves caused by the launches on the lake and keep out of their way.
- Photographic ID may be required for the hire of the craft suitable value must be left as security.
YOU MUST NOT ENTER THE RIVER MOUTH.
Load Limits all people and kit
Canadian Canoe 248KG / 39 Stone
Double sit-in Kayak 210 KG / 33 Stone
Double sit-on Kayak 215 KG / 34 Stone
Paddle Board 110KG / 17 Stone
Single sit-in Kayak 97KG / 15 Stone
Single sit-on Kayak 108KG / 17 Stone
Rowing boat 350KG / 55 Stone
Pedalo 350KG / 55 Stone